Top Autism Websites Recommended by Parents
March 24, 2021
Searching for autism information on the web can be overwhelming. The word “autism” alone results in over 64 million hits on Google. So, where does one turn to for the most relevant information and resources when there are so many different options? Here are 10 highly recommended websites from both parents and professionals alike.
- autismspeaks.org – One of the leading autism science and advocacy organizations. Autism speaks provides a comprehensive resource guild for all states. The site also boasts an impressive list of apps that parents may find useful, including games that focus on communication and social skills.
- autism-society.org – Another great site that includes helpful resources for those with autism, family members, as well as professionals. Autism Society also gives updates on the latest autism news and press releases.
- disabilityscoop.com – Sign up for Disability Scoop’s e-mail news to receive the most current updates on developmental disabilities. Disability Scoop’s experts have been cited by multiple online news sites, including USA Today and People.com
- autism.com – The Autism Research Institute focuses on researching the causes of autism, as well as developing safe and effective treatments for those currently affected by the disorder.
- autismhwy.com – Started by a woman whose son was diagnosed with autism, Autism Highway is both informative and fun. Easy to navigate, Autism Highway provides an extensive list of Autism related events and specialists. In addition, Autism Highway includes many fun games that children are sure to enjoy!
- autismontheseas.com – Autism on the Seas is an international organization that is in collaboration with Royal Caribbean in developing cruise vacation services to accommodate adults and families living with children with Special Needs, including but not limited to Autism.
- asatonline.org – The Association for Science in Autism Treatment (ASAT) provides a well-respected, comprehensive website that tackles the array of considerations surrounding autism treatment. ASAT is the go-to-source for research summaries of the full array of autism treatments for families and professionals.
- myautismteam.com – My autism team is a free social network that makes it easy for you to get the emotional support you need from others like you, and to gain practical advice and insights on managing treatment therapies for autism.
- aane.org – The Asperger/Autism Network (AANE) provides individual, families and professionals with information, community, support and advocacy.
- wrightslaw.com – Provides parents, educators, advocates and attorneys come to Wrightslaw for reliable information about special education law and advocacy for children with disabilities.
« 5 Easy Sensory Activities for Children on the Autism Spectrum Meaningful Solutions for Problem Behaviors »